Hot water OK, no heating. Worcester 24 CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I have recently experienced a problem with my British Gas (Worcester) 24 CDi combi boiler in that i have no heating! The boiler fires up fine when hot water is demanded but refuses to fire up to provide heating.

The heating indicator light flashes suggesting there is an 'ignition lock out' problem. The manual suggests holding the reset button. When i do this the boiler partially fires up (i can hear it kick into some form of action) but the pilot light doesn't light up.

Reading other posts and buing a complete novice to boiler problems i suspect it could be something to do with the remote control digital box not sending the right signals !?!

Any comments greatly received.

Stuart

Sponsored Links
put a link between the send and return terminals of the boiler (you will have 2 which are NOT marked L N E) if it fires up the boiler is ok, if not it will be a boiler fault

what programmer do you have, a cm61 perhapes?

Thanks for your reply. It turned out it was a problem was the boiler and digital thermostat box were not 'talking' to each other so even though the boiler was 'on' there was no demand for heating. I'm unsure of which programmer I have. Best regards, Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back