worcester 24 cdi-no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me with the no hot water problem on my worcester 24 cdi.
the water starts off hot for a few seconds then runs cold from the tap.
the central heating is fine.
no flashing lights etc..etc..!
thanks in advance.

i'm an electrician on gas!!!!

little boy pair of pliers, little boy live wires,
BIG FLASH PILE OF ASH!
:(

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your diverter valve diagphram has gone, if you can look from under the boiler you will see a black box atached to the end of the brass diverter valve,when you run a hot tap the plunger on the end of the valve should come out about 10mm and contact the micro switch in the black box and hold it until tap shuts off if not then the valve requires replaceing. You could change just the diagphram in the diverter head but its best to change the whole unit as it comes with all the corect o rings etc its allso a bit of a job to get out so at least you have a definate fix if you replace the whole thing. Tip if you replace it your self DONT disconect the bi-pass pipe app 8mm from left to right as its a sod to get back in and undo the four screws on the left hand manifold but dont remove,the original o ring will be ok , done loads and they never leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back