no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
I have a Worcester combi 2.4 cdi boiler which has developed a fault. Ihave no hot water.
The hot water light on the boiler fails to come on whe my hot water tap is open.
There are no flashing lights and my central heating is fine. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I think its probably really a 24cdi !

The diverter valve has failed.

Call Worcester for a fixed price repair.

Their engineers love this fault!

Tony

thanks for the reply. would it be too big a job to replace myself?

If you were competent then you could, but I only do them for very good friends!

Think about that!

Tony

Sponsored Links
They're not that bad Tony... I had one recently where you couldn't even drop the control panel out of the way properly. Took a little longer that one... :oops:

Just remember to get the O-ring kit if it doesn't come with the new valve and some silicone lubricant.

I got a competent trainee ( electronics degree ) to do one under my guidance!

It took him 2¼ hours !

The training was specifically to teach him that he needs to tell customers to call Worcester!

But it was for this friend who does not earn very much and is suffering from a few problems with his wife. He is very nice and friendly but one of those people who is very capable but just never gets any training so has to take semi skilled jobs.

Tony

Thanks for all your advice. Just returned home after being out for most of the evening and i had left heating on. Decided to try the water again and to my amazemnt its scorching!! still no light coming on on the water symbol on the boiler, but i ran the water for a good 6-7 mons and stayed hot?
Could this be because i left the heating on?
Its all very strange! :eek:

I got a competent trainee ( electronics degree ) to do one under my guidance!

It took him 2¼ hours !

The training was specifically to teach him that he needs to tell customers to call Worcester!

But it was for this friend who does not earn very much and is suffering from a few problems with his wife. He is very nice and friendly but one of those people who is very capable but just never gets any training so has to take semi skilled jobs.

Tony

1 to 1.5 hours max to change a diaphragm on a cdi. Thats with any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back