Hot water pipe on right.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have been having temperature problems on my Triton shower ever since I moved in. Since taking off the bath panel, I have discovered that the hot water pipe is on the right and believe this is why we have had such a fluctuating shower.

All the other taps in the house are fine.

What would be the best solution? I don't want to rip out tiles and believe there to be sufficient access under the bath to carry out any work.

I thought of cutting the pipes and using coupling/flexible copper to cross them back over to the correct position.

I attach some pictures in my album to aid you. Apologies they may need rotating.

//www.diynot.com/network/naz85/albums/

Thanks for your help.
Naz

Sponsored Links
Hi
Doesn't your picture show the hot water pipe labelled on the left?
As long as the pipes only feed the shower you could swap them over. If its possible you could always temporarily turn the shower upside down first and check you are happy with the performance.

Do those flexies supply the shower somehow?
It just looks like the top one is a bit crushed......I'd consider repiping in plastic for simplicity - flexy pipes will always restrict the water flow.
John :)

Thanks for your replies.

Alan, the picture needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Its good to hear that they can be swapped. It seems like a simple enough job and there is a good area to work in.

Burnerman, the flexipipes only supply the bath taps. The flow there is reasonable but due to lack of use I wouldnt really make changes to those.

Sponsored Links
I don't know if you've come across flexible copper pipes.....they are sort of corrugated in appearance - Homebase 578371.
I believe they are called plumbers sticks, for some reason.
They are excellent for what they do, so long as they aren't overworked!
Easily joined using compression fittings.
John :)

Thanks Burnerman, I will give it a go. Thanks both for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back