hot water pressure to taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some ideas.
I have slow hot water from my cylinder which is in the loft of my bungalow. I have seen that there are ways of checking for blockages using the filler taps and forcing cold water up the hot pipe! Trouble is both my bathroom sink which have mains cold is a monobloc and my bath filler also a mono bloc is fed from teh cyl and loft storage tank. My kitchen tap is mains fed cold and has hot and cold controls. Can I use this to back flush?

Next point is my bath filler pressure is vey poor both hot and cold fed by gravity. So slow in fact that the valve to switch to the shower head does not stay up. Question: can I pump the hot and cold from my salamander RSP shower pump as it has two outlets

Thanks for any help you can provide

Sponsored Links
Is your kitchen tap a mixer? Look carefully and you'll see that there are two distinct outlets at the end of the spout. Kitchen mixers aren't really mixers at all. Yes, you can use it to back flush - if you can devise something to block the end while also leaving a clear route between the two outlets.

But, since both hot and cold supplies are affected, I would start by checking the cold tank and any pipework that's common to both supplies. Is there any water in it? Are it's outlets buried in sludge? If there is only one outlet follow the pipe. Any slight upward slope will create an airlock which, even if you succeed in blowing it out, will keep coming back. Such upward slopes can easily appear if somebody stands on a pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back