Hot water pressure very low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a strange problem (to me) where the hot water pressure in the bath is very low. The reason I think it is strange is because the basin is fine (which is actually higher up than the bath).

We have a combi-boiler powering both. The hot water pressure seems to be so low that is comes out at such a rate that the boiler doesn't properly kick in.

The hot water and the basin are both supplied by the same pipe - I recently fitted a T to branch off for the bath (which is newly fitted).

The bath has a filler system rather than a standard tap, I don't see how this should make a difference (http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/architeckt-avus-bath-filler-1808-16431/2)

I hope someone can help - at the moment the bath has to be filled using a jug from the sink lol.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have a blockage in the bath tap!

You might be able to turn off hot at the boiler isolation valve and feed COLD through the bath tap BACK to the open hot basin tap and see if that dislodges anything.

This is a situation where you would normmally call back the plumber!

Tony

unfortunately the plumber is me :( I'll have a look along the pipes where I can and see if I can work out if it is a blockage.

it says 1bar minimun pressure. me thinks you got low pressure, i suppose its all supplied in 15mm too being a combi?

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much mate, was exactly that. Figured out there was a kink in the flexible bit of pipe because I was having to go at a 90° angle in a tight space. Going to need to slightly re-route the pipe but at least I know what the problem is.

Ta muchly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back