Hot water prob upstairs only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon to you all.

Hope someone can help me please - Right since we had our new combi boiler fitted around 8 months ago, i have never really been that impressed when getting in the bath - I mean the hot water is not really that hot. I like my Baths HOT so that when i come out i'm a wrinkly old man. LOL. Anyway the point is that the hot water in the kitchen is very hot but the hot water tap upstairs in the bathroom is say loop warm. I've noticed that if i reduce the speed flow of the Hot water it does appear to get hotter but then i mean the flow is literally only trickling and would take a long time to fill the bath half way up. Has anyone got any suggestions and how i could get fix this problem.

#
Thankyou V much

Sponsored Links
Which boiler do you have.

At what flow rate are you running the bath (L min)?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your installer did not do to great a job.
Probably fitted too small boiler for your needs, possibly undersized gaspipe as well.
Figure out at what flow the bath still gets hot enough, or get him back to sort it out. Should be a 5-minute job that he should have done when he installed the boiler

I've checked the pipework under the bath and there is a 22mil for the hot and 15ml one for the cold. The sink has both 15ml hot n cold and is a lot hotter now come to mention it. How come this has a big impact on heat output because the size is bigger ? What's the best way around it ? Can i cut the prpe back say 1 metre and refit with 15mil or does it need to go all the way back ?

Thanks

Time how long it takes to fill a litre jug or 2litre bottle

_________
7 seconds for 1x ltr - when the water is at it's hottest

That equates to 20litres a minute!
Your boiler is only designed to give 10/11 litres a minute!
Run the tap at this rate and you will be fine!
1 litre in 6 secs.

Good afternoon to you all.

Hope someone can help me please - Right since we had our new combi boiler fitted around 8 months ago, i have never really been that impressed when getting in the bath - I mean the hot water is not really that hot. I like my Baths HOT so that when i come out i'm a wrinkly old man. LOL. Anyway the point is that the hot water in the kitchen is very hot but the hot water tap upstairs in the bathroom is say loop warm. I've noticed that if i reduce the speed flow of the Hot water it does appear to get hotter but then i mean the flow is literally only trickling and would take a long time to fill the bath half way up. Has anyone got any suggestions and how i could get fix this problem.

#
Thankyou V much

It seems to me, that you are probably used to an old, gravity fed, comfy stored Hot water supply.

Some Muppet has convinced you to change this for an average combi.

I can`t be ars*ed to go into the why`s and wherefore`s but you are probably stuck with an inferior system.

Combi`s suck.

They don`t deliver.

It`s a Bummer Dude.

Just to follow up on this thread - I changed the old bath taps and replaced with a new crome mixer / shower one and it's the dogs gonards now.
Water is red hot in seconds and very powerfull too. Mmm seems the new mixer must be designed for combi boilers then ?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back