hot water problem on worcester junior 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help me.
I have recently had a worcester greenstar junior 24i boiler fitted but my hot water doesnt seem to run at the same temperature it changes from hot and cold then back to hot again etc. when i run the bath if i turn the cold tap on in the sink the bath then runs constant hot water and is ok. could this be a problem with to much pressure on the incoming cold supply? ive tried turning the stopcock a few times to try to reduce the flow of cold water but still does the same. Ive had a falling out with the plumber who installed it so he wont come back. was considering calling out worcester to have a look as its under warranty but dont want to call them out if its nothing to do with the boiler.

Sponsored Links
well it was suppose to have been but the plumber was an idiot(thats putting it nicely) i had to report him to corgi because it took 6 months to get my corgi certificate off him. could this be the problem then?
Dont suppose your a plumber in nottm by any chance???

There is a number of boilers that are popular with cowboys and the 24i junior is one of them.
WB has a decent reputation so they use this but buy the smallest, simplest and cheapest model whilst paying the lowest amount possible to be able to use the name as an indicator of the quality.
Invariably, they cut corners on the installation as well.
I have never seen a 24i/28i that was installed to spec.
If you want to have a reliable heating system, I recommend you find a good RGI, and let him correct all the problems.

Sponsored Links
i have had corgi round to inspect it because i complained to them about not receiving my certificate. they found a few things wrong which he had to come back and fix, but obviously they would only check certain things?. would u recommend just getting it flushed properly first to see if that corrects it?

Corgi normally inspect safety issues, not quality.
I would not do anything on a "just in case" basis.
You really need a reliable RGI to check everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back