Hot water problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a problem with my hot water system. On the control panel (for setting on/off times) I can set my hot water and select the options to advance heating, select it to come on 1 or 2 times a day, constantly or just off with the display however when it actually comes to turn on it does not and the light signifying it being on does not illuminate and the hot water does not heat (the central heating system through the same control and boiler does work with lights coming on etc). I have an immersion tank which I can turn on independently via a switch and this does work so I can get hot water in this manner but just not through the controller / boiler system.

Does anyone know why this problem is occurring. It seems to me that there may be a problem with the controller but as the controller work fine except for the on light I am unsure if it could be caused by something else in the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Sponsored Links
The controller is obviously not working fine as it will not control the hot water.

Check if there is a small reset button somewhere and push it.

If this does not work then it sounds as though it is time for a new controller.

And your programmer make and model is? I know, we'll all guess :rolleyes:

Some use a link which the installer has to put in place for the CH and HW changeover switches, such as the Potterton Ep series amongst others.

If this has a bad connection or has been omitted, this is your problem. Otherwise, its a new programmer.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, the controller is a Drayton LP522 (although it looks like an older version than the ones currently on sale) if that is any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back