hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a ground floor massionette, i have a fairly new ideal icos boiler and a drayton digistat 2. the problem i have is that the only way i seem to be able to get hot water is if i turn the central heating on by the digistat.i don't have any other controls by the boiler to control the hw, just the digistat. can any1 help me as to why i don't seem to be able to get hot water without the heating on???

Sponsored Links
im assuming that this is because the boiler will only fire up when the heating comes on...

do you have 1*3-port valve or 2*2-ports

do you need both ch and hw turned on at prog to get hw or does it get hot when the ch is on and hw off.

i dont know if its a 3 port or 2 port valve, plumbing is not my strong point sorry, how do i tell?? the programmer is a room thermostat only. it doesnt have any controls what so ever regarding water.

Sponsored Links
I assume you do have a hw tank in an airing cupboard.?

no im pretty sure it isnt.according to website its just a high efficency boiler and not a combi.

yea i have a hot water tank in the airing cupboard. and a water tank on an adjoining cupboard that sits around head height.

Best not put it in a skip - some scavenging oik might remove it and try to use it.

There's a universal tool for fixing any problem with any Ideal combi boiler:

p4614295_l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back