Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...

Ive just moved to new property and have found the hot water system a nightmare.
The boiler is a 'pulsa coil 3' supplying no rads just bathroom and kitchen.
The problem is when I turn a hot water tap on its ok for a few seconds then the flow just fades away to nothing....turn it more....It's ok......then nothing again... until you turn the tap fully open.
The shower is worse.....scalding hot for ten seconds then cold, continuously. The spur for the pump is always kept switched on. Any ideas as to the possible cause...?????

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the glendhill pulsa coil is a thermal store that utalises a pump and plate heat ex i would be looking at the lines of the flow sensor.are you sure its not under warrentry.

think these use a tmv and might be worth a look at. also make sure the top up tank is, basically toped up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.....

I have no knowledge at all about hot water systems, although it was mentioned to me about pouring water in the top of the cylinder every six months or so.......sounded mad to me at the time ! manually pouring water into the top of a cylinder in this age of technology :eek: ...but hey...must be right.

I'll try that...and if it does'nt work......a job for a plumber...?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back