Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was at a worcester greenstar 30cdi today and customer said that sometimes they get hot water through the cold tap at 2 sinks nearest to the boiler, how is this happening would fitting a non return valve on the cold inlet sort this out? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Non rtn would work (locate them as close to Cold draw off as poss..but look for causes first rather than probable solution.....

Sound obvious..make sure they're plumbed in right. Has the client got mixer taps? The hot can come through mixer valves into cold sometimes.

Is it just warm for a while at the begining?? if its just the two closest the boiler the cold feed might be running by the Flow/Return to the heating and heat is being transfered at first.

One is a mixer tap but the other sink is seperate taps, thats what i thought at first, they say it doesnt happen all the time but they notice it when brushing their teeth, thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
Is it just warm for a while at the begining?? if its just the two closest the boiler the cold feed might be running by the Flow/Return to the heating and heat is being transfered at first.

In my house the heating and water pipes are boxed in quite tightly and i get the same issue, the first few seconds of suposed cold water, is hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back