Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody my name is mick and I am new to all this so please stick with me
I have a benchmark RD 537i and this morning it was asking to be reset so I did this but I am not getting hot water and the burner light will not light I have switched it on and off a couple of times and it will still not work please can somebody help me as I need hot water many thanks in advance
Mick

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of a boiler called a Benchmark!

But a RD 537i is a Worcester Greenstar model!

It's a british gas one that has benchmark on the front so that's why I put it but if not sorry but the problem is still there so any advise would be welcom

Mick, does the boiler work for Central heating? Does it display any fault codes. Benchmark? I knew what you meant.

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete

Thanks for that there was heating on this morning but not now and it said press reset so I did but nothing happened I've just checked again and the error code has come back it's E9 hope that helps
Thanks
Mick

It has a service every year via British gas and I think it was last done about Oct
Thanks

E9 is overheat on these, could be a blockage in either heat exchanger or a faulty pump.

Can you not call BG out to repair it? Expect them to say you need a powerflush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back