hot water & radiator problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,advice and help needed please.a few weeks ago i moved a hot water cylinder from the airing cupboard to another cupboard next to the bathroom in total about six feet,i marked all the pipes and reconnected them to the same ones after extending,now my problem is that when i put the boiler(ideal mexico) in hot water only the upstairs rads are getting hot as well,there is no stat on the cylinder so i think its a c-plan? it worked fine before the move,so any help or advice please on what is wrong and how do i fix it.
many thanks.

Sponsored Links
On the heating flow pipe from the boiler usually within a couple of feet there should be an antigravity valve looks like a brass socket about 3 inches long.. When you have drained system a bit of dirt has prob got into this and stopping it working properly.. for all they cost just replace it cost about a fiver

Sponsored Links
On the heating flow pipe from the boiler usually within a couple of feet there should be an antigravity valve looks like a brass socket about 3 inches long.. When you have drained system a bit of dirt has prob got into this and stopping it working properly.. for all they cost just replace it cost about a fiver
namsag,thanks for info,i will check if there is a valve and replace,many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back