Hot Water Tank Problems Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am having a few problems with my hot water Tank any ideas?

Firstly I need a new carbon washer to fit on top of tank as it has bust and needs replaced,I called at all the local plumbers merchants and to no avail, a friend of mine who knows about plumbing (or so he says) put it back on with pft tape (after he crossthreaded the thread on top first) until I can source another washer but I cannot get one even asked plumbers who say to try using Jute?
What is everyones advice as it is starting to leak a little when tank is heating up?Also I watched him put it back on and noticed he was a bit rough I now have a very small seep from bottom of tank cant see any cracks etc!

So if anyone could help with these questions I would be grateful

Is there any way to seal this leak in tank?

Can I reuse ptf tape again?
Is jute woth a try?
What would happen if when I take it off I find that he has knackered the thread,what next?

Please help

Ken

Sponsored Links
Sorry mistake on the Above not Jute But HEMP oops Sorrrry :(

Kenny4,
You can use the edit button on the top right hand side to edit your post.

Sponsored Links
My advice is that if you tell us what type of tank you are referring to we would be able to help.

What manufacturer, size, type, and anything else you can think of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back