hot water tap keeps running cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a baxi 105e and im having problems with the hot water when i turn the hot tap on the boiler fires up and the water gets hot for about 15 seconds then the water cuts out on the boiler and then the water goes cold for a few seconds and then the boiler fires up again and the same process happens allover again any ideas plz

Sponsored Links
hi dave plz cuds you give me a bit more info on where this is i would be very greatful

Sponsored Links
Turn off all electric to boiler first

Take the front outer cover off, drop down the bottom display panel area.

The plate is the rectangle shaped metal 'chunk' at the back, behing the gas valve etc.

You should be able to drain the boiler, isolate the cold mains and remove it without disturbing any gas carrying parts.

Make sure you protect any electrics from water spillage first though. And watch your fingers, there can be sharp edges on any plate HE.

If you don't want to clean it, Baxi plates are economical to buy new compared with other makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back