Hot water tap on bath not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our bathroom redone about a year ago and had no problems till around a month ago. The hot water tap on the bath has gradually stopped working - it has got harder to turn and less and less water has been coming out. The hot water pipe attaches to the sink about a foot before the bath and this is fine so it must be a problem with the tap. Anyone got any idea what?
Access to the taps behind the bath would be quite difficult so if there's any alternative....?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
DSCF0559.jpg

That' s(hopefully) the taps and this is (hopefully) the bath and sink

DSCF0560.jpg

OOOHHH - it looks really clean in the photos!! (It is - the baby has been washing the floor tonight...)

quality pics ;)
A good start would be to check washers which can be achieved by removing the top cap on the hot water tap. You will find a screw inside which then needs to be unscrewed. Once accomplished you should be able to access the washer and replace it like for like.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - will instruct the hubby at the weekend!
I have been called a geek for boasting about the 'quality of my pics!' :LOL:

VickyR said:
Thanks - will instruct the hubby at the weekend!
I have been called a geek for boasting about the 'quality of my pics!' :LOL:

:LOL:
nice pics and a very nice bathroom i must say...
best of luck with the repair..

Sorr it took so long Vicky, but the coak is low on the laptop :oops:

OK fisrt turn off water supply and drain down, use bath taps and downstairs taps, then,
taps.jpg

Turn on water supply and fingers crossed your hubby gets an hour or two with his mates down the booser. (instead of brownie points to be redeemed at a later date) :LOL: ;)

Good luck :D

aaaaaarrrghhhh I have the same taps in my bathroom (which doesn't look as nice as yours by the way).

I hate them! Do as CLF has demonstrated (nice epxlanation there buddy) but give the whole lot a good coating in silicone grease too.

Thanks Craig and Dan for the advice, bathroom only took 5 months to do so glad you think it looks good...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back