Hot Water Tap Outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I've got the kitchen undone, it has been suggested that I install an outside hot water tap next to the cold one that is there, for filling the paddling pool.

I have never seen this before - is there a reason why it can't be done? (Apart from the fact I never had warmish water in my paddling pool when I was a kid, I sat round me Dad sucking a polo etc etc).

Sponsored Links
No reason why not but never seen it before! Just put isolator valves from inside on both pipes so you can drain the outside taps off during winter so they don't freeze.

My paddling pool days were always in summer so water was fine being filled from cold tap! ;)

Have seen it done, it's great for washing the dogs too.

Would imagine same regs would apply (isolation, drain off, DCV) - probably do well to mark it as hot water too.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies - I decided it was too much bother and too expensive for what it is - they can use a bucket in the sink instead!

Actually, I might do that as I've got to do a new cold tap at some point.

Not intending to use any extra hot water, just save myself the beating I get from leaving footprints on the kitchen floor when coming in for a top up mid car wash. ;)

I have installed HW taps outside many times

ALWAYS with a blending valve though

got to think of the kiddies, easier to get to an OS tap than one in the sink

corgiman said:
I have installed HW taps outside many times

ALWAYS with a blending valve though

got to think of the kiddies

Good point, might remove the handle for the hot tap or perhaps just paint it red our children are pretty sensible.
Or I could just lock it off inside that's probably a better option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back