Hot Water Temperature on Alpha E-Tec 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an Alpha E-Tec 28 combi boiler with a Nest thermostat.
There was an article in the paper about reducing bills by turning down the central heating hot water temperature and the direct hot water temperature.

Is it right that the central heating temperature can be left alone as its an open therm boiler and it will automatically set the most efficient central heating temperature? Or is it still a good idea to turn it down?

With the direct hot water I can't turn down the temperature. Is this related to having the Nest thermostat attached or something else? It's very hot so could do with being a bit cooler anyway. When I press the button to lower the hot water temperature the temperature just flashes without changing.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_053928.jpg
    IMG_20220816_053928.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 390
Sponsored Links
With OpenTherm controls, the control becomes the master and the boiler becomes the slave, so if you do want to reduce your hot water temperature you need to go into the settings on Nest to do it. It'll save very little gas in reality but I suppose in the current energy climate every little helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back