Hot water turns off heating???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Please help. I have an ideal icos boiler. When i have the CH and HW on at the same time, as soon as the HW gets to temp it seems to turn the CH off.
If i have the CH working on it own then it works fine.
Driving me mad.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have just had the 3 port valve replaced as it was causing the reds to heat up whenm the hot water was on.
Has he not wired it up correctly?

Sponsored Links
It looks like he has replaced the whole thing as its shiny new valve and the motor on top was in a blue casing and now its drayton cream coloured one.

I have just had the 3 port valve replaced as it was causing the reds to heat up whenm the hot water was on.
Has he not wired it up correctly?

then its wired wrong or his fitted a new actuator on a jammed valve.

check the hw balancing valve on the return is not fully open as well,this can cause water to prioritise to go through cylinder rather rads ;)

if its a drayton you can watch the position indicator on the side and go through hw/heating etc and see if it moves to each position.

Yes it does move fully but to be honest i dont know what i am looking for totally.
Think its another call to the "clown" :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back