Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera combi boiler, at the moment when I turn on the hot water tap it is taking about a minute before the boiler cracks up and a little longer for the hot water to apppear. The CH is ok, any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Sticky HW flow switch :idea: Low water pressure caused by blocked filter or valve not opened enough, wrong restrictor fitted :idea: Lazy valve actuator perhaps :idea:

Loads of ideas but it would be more helpful if you read this first

Since Vokera have sold about five models in very large quantities you probably have one of them but we dont know which one you have.

I am expecting the diverter valve has failed and you may have the Excell 80.

Tony Glazier

cold feeds from tank in loft derived from the war.Due to bombing, many mains were destroyed , so the cold was fed from the tank so as to be able to still wash and use the toilet.:cool:

Sponsored Links
My boiler is a Vokera Maxim.

I counted how long from turning the water on until it the boiler started up (45 seconds), as I said previously, the CH seems to be alright and starts the boiler straight away.

Any thoughts??

Whilst I now know you have a Maxim, I still expect the diverter valve has failed.

Tony Glazier

Good chance the boiler has not been serviced (properly) for many moons. If you get the boiler serviced as the makers suggest (not the 15 minute service), there is a good chance the boiler will function as intended.
Where in the country are you. Perhaphs one of the regulars may be able to rescue your boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back