Hotel Bedroom lamps

Sponsored Links
or if you use a dc supply, and some diode arrangement in the switches (theoretically, not suggesting any reason why anyone would want to).

You could do it with diodes at each switch and an A.C. supply, but with the lamp then running on half-wave rectified D.C. it would be much dimmer than its rating would suggest.

The cleaners normally have a card they put in the switch so they can use the hover, and as has been said the the fan coils in the rooms are run off the switch via a op relay. Also normally all the lights, apart from the one above the door are run off the switch, or they are like this in most of the Hilton I have worked in.

I know - it's a real ****** when you can no longer walk, and have to crawl to your room.

The doorlock is reachable, but not the card slot when you get in.

Sponsored Links
A 5A BS546 couldn't be used for two way switching with the switch on the lamp and on the wall unless you abused the earth pin as a live conductor, I seriously hope places aren't doing that.

I cant see any reference it being two way'ed using a switch on the lamp stand, the OP just says two way with one switch near the door and another on the wall above the bed :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back