hotmail problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone having problems with hotmail locking up once you get into the mail page? The only way i can get out is ctrl alt +delete

Sponsored Links
does anyone still use hotmail? Personally I gave up on it about 2 years ago, it had got to the point where i was getting over 100 spam per day, just ridiculous trying to wade through to find the real emails.

Running ok with Outlook Express, alongside Bt mail ..... Some messages take longer than others .. but then tis free !! Keep it just in case, best to have two providers .. otherwise could have a contact problem in the event of either 'going down' .. which they haven't in several years of use !!

Sponsored Links
I am having problems with hotmail when I try to forward attachments, Its happened since they bought in the new virus scan. The only way I can get PC working again is by a hard reset. I have reported this to MSN & only today have I had another email from there support team.

I should look or ask which type of files are being weeded out .. like .exe or .zip etc
Not used up all your file space ? I do not know the limit on hotmail, not high, or has that changed ?
It could be that your attachments fit a certain profile ... You have no security software like firewall or AV which is causing probs have you ?

Have you tried another freeby provider ? That is worth a shot .. how about your ISP ? provides free mail ?
Have a look here, I have no knowledge of this but may be useful :-
http://www.grayside.co.uk/resources/mails.htm
P

pipme :

I should look or ask which type of files are being weeded out .. like .exe or .zip etc
Not used up all your file space ? I do not know the limit on hotmail, not high, or has that changed ?
It could be that your attachments fit a certain profile ... You have no security software like firewall or AV which is causing probs have you ?

Have you tried another freeby provider ? That is worth a shot .. how about your ISP ? provides free mail ?
Have a look here, I have no knowledge of this but may be useful :-
http://www.grayside.co.uk/resources/mails.htm
P

Hotmail limit not the problem, attachments are JPG's..Will leave it to MSN to sort out, they are on the case. Its only since there changes. I have tried restore.

There has been a recent update from M$ reference vulnerability in opening .Jp(e)g files.
See at the bottom of this page at :-
http://www.computershopper.co.uk/sh...rtificate-of-authenticity-counterfeiters.html

Not saying you have a problem, rather they may have, with respect to jpg files following the admission of a vulnerability .. they may be over cautious.
Have you tried zipping the files to send ? You can, with most file compressors like Winzip, create a self extractor, which can be opened on a system without Winzip itself ... you probably know this stuff any way, chucked it in, just in case.

P

Just sent email to another of my addresses using hotmail, with .jpg of 80KB attached ... from Outlook Express to bt-yahoo, ok, no problem.
P

Thermo said:
Anyone having problems with hotmail locking up once you get into the mail page? The only way i can get out is ctrl alt +delete
Yes and do you get a "Don't Send Error Messsage" as well ? I'm thinking it's to do with the virus on the harddrive.
What I will do when I'm at work tonight and will try it there to see if it does the same.

Just sent using Hotmail via OExp to BT-Yahoo email no problem and returned receipt ok.
6-20 pm
P

Sponsored Links
Back