Hotpoint aquarius 1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

i have a Hotpoint aquarius 1100 washing machine and every time i put it on for a wash then it just blows everything at the main fuse box but if i put it on for a quick spin it works fine :eek:

Sponsored Links
You do not give much info., but it sounds as though it is possibly the water heating element shorting.

sorry mate i also forgot to mension that just after chrismas the washing machine made a strange noise like van belt coming off so i opened the lip off the washine machine and had a look and everything looked to be ok van belt had not come off or snapped,

and looked every where else to see if there was any other problem but unable to see anything wrong,

we always thought that there could be a problem with the washing machine to make the electric main box to trip the lights, wall sockets off,

but we never thought that the water heating element could make the electric trip with just putting the washine machine on for a wash,

and thanks a lot for your reply and help mate.

Exactly the same thing has happened to my machine. How did you resolve the heating element problem? Did you manage to get it fixed at reasonable cost or did you have to buy a new machine?

Sponsored Links
A common fault on the old small drum Hotpoints is failure of the drum support spider. When this happens the heater often also fails because the extra play allows the front edge of the drum to rub against the heater, cutting holes in it. The spider is bolted to the back of the drum and is fairly easy to renew. The Haynes manual gives detailed instructions on dismantling these machines:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1244840#1244840

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back