Hotpoint aquarius 1200 Power problems - not lights no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Hotpoint aquarius 1200 WD62 and I took it over to France last year, it worked perfectly till about a month ago when it just stoped working, no power light nothing. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas, i thought it might be the power unit (if there is such a thing) or could it be something to doo with the door lock ? (i read that in another posting)

This is not the first thing that has gone since i moved there, my PC power unit blew and my Sky box also blew.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated>

Thanks
Grant

Sponsored Links
I am having similar problem too..
My WD62 is not working.. it was working fine till yesterday. Lights not turning on..checked the power socket by connecting another appliance, it is fine.
Appreciate any help!

Do you have a multimeter, are you competant to work on live equipment? If yes send me a PM, if no then I think you should call someone out.

did you have a prob with the door before, ie not starting straight away if so door door lock needs replacing also poss have blown netural wire on pcb

Sponsored Links
hi jj4091, I dont have much idea about electronics. However, i tried today to see if i can get to clean the filter assuming that it might need a clean. But i couldnt get that done as it seems to be little tricky to get to there.

Hi rocks1,
Yes, previously i had to press the door couple of times to get the m/c working. How do i identify if the door lock is working well or not?

remove door lock and test ,see if its open circuit also poss blown netural wire on pcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back