hotpoint aquarius 1200 WD62

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 Washer Dryer WD62.
It seems to be venting an excessive amount of steam from the steam vent on the back of the machine.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
I don't think either has become split or detached as the excessive steam is coming out of the steam vent.

steam vent?

if you mean the top hat at the back its not a steam vent, its an air break. I would be inclinded to check that during dry it is using cold water

Sponsored Links
steam vent?

if you mean the top hat at the back its not a steam vent, its an air break. I would be inclinded to check that during dry it is using cold water
I do mean the black top hat on the back - I assumed it is a steam vent as steam is belting out of it when on dry cycle. I will check the cold water issue, assume this should be helping condensation within the machine. I'll take the back cover off to investigate further.
Thanks for your response Breezer.

you are right, i do mean the bit on the back.

its as i said an air break.

in the drying cycle air is blown into the drum this air is recyled and heated, it picks moisture up from the clothes.

it then goes up the condesor.
one part (side) of the condensor is sealed like a cavity wall if you will.

cold water runs down this cavity and into the drum where the pump pumps it out

if you carefully lift the outer bit of the top hat off you shuld see a gentle trickle of water

Breezer,
Thanks again for your response.
I now have the back off the WD62. During the drying cycle there is no cold water coming from the plastic pipe under the black top hat.
Is the problem at the three way cold water inlet valve?

Breezer,
I,ve tested the actuators for the 3 way cold water input valve and the one supplying cold water to the black top hat is on open circuit! So I will order a new 3 way valve.
Thanks for your help and advice.
mjb67

I have purchased a replacement triple solenoid valve but it comes without the red flow control insert in the lower valve inlet tube and without the black flow control insert in the centre valve inlet tube. Any suggestions?

Remove the old ones and fit to the new valve.
Old valve is now useless so don't worry about cutting it up to get the inserts.

Thanks for the tip Sleepyhead! I've followed your advice and WD62P seem to be working OK now on dry cycle. I banged the flow control devices home with a hammer and just hope they hold in by friction and don't shoot off up the black hoses!
Thanks again - I suppose the other solution would have been to swap the solenoids.
mjb67

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back