hotpoint aquarius DF 61 HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there my dishwasher is leaving white deposits and not cleaning very well also i dont think the water is been heated yesterday i opened the door half way through a wash and it was cold although the heater still works at the end of the cycle any help would be brilliant dont mind getting my hands dirty (car mechanic by trade)

bit of background on machine

hotpoint aquarius DF 61

friend of mine got married got new house with wife after 2 months they split up so machine only used a few times then sat for about 12 months in the house then asked me if i wanted the machine as he was obliged to empty the house before sale could go ahead

cheers dan

Sponsored Links
Are the jets blocked?
What tablets are you using.
If the water wasnt getting hot I think the dishes would be dirty.

dont know if jets are blocked is there a way to check maybe by removing or something i take it the jets are on the 2 arms that spin ? bit confused lol

the tabs im using are finish powerball new quantum unique 3 chamber system

I assume you dont have the manual!!
Have you emptied the filter?

Remove bottom basket completly, you can see if the jets are blocked.

Sponsored Links
hi there and sorry for not getting back sooner somebody let me down at work so have had to cover them

jets where seriously blocked with limescale took them both off soaked them in some strong limescale remover for a few hours then give them a good scrub cleaned inside machine then put jets back in machine then did 3 cycles with a dishwasher descaler/cleaner would say machine is performing at 80% now much improved and since doing the above everytime i use the machine it seems to get a bit better

so big thanks to everbody that replied

also does anybody think this has got to that stage by been sat for so long

with water in the machine

cheers dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back