Hotpoint Aquarius gets to 1min on LED then stops.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Can anyone help please.
My washer runs through the cycle until it gets to 1 minute left and then sticks, if I turn it off and then back on it goes through the spin cycle and then gets to End.
Can anyone tell me the reason for this and how to fix the problem.
Sorry it's a WF740.

Sponsored Links
poss heater sticks you will need a meter to meggar it ,depending how old it is the wires on the motor block can cause this fault give them a good tug l at the motor end

poss heater sticks you will need a meter to meggar it ,depending how old it is the wires on the motor block can cause this fault give them a good tug l at the motor end
Thanks for the speedy reply rocks1 but i am a woman and will have to know in great detail how I do this if thats possible.

at the back of the machine there is a white cover down the bottom 2 screws remove it heater in front of you 3 wires and 1 8 mm nut undo nut and pull heater out and replace :p

Sponsored Links
at the back of the machine there is a white cover down the bottom 2 screws remove it heater in front of you 3 wires and 1 8 mm nut undo nut and pull heater out and replace :p
Thanks rocks1 will try and get to it on Thursday when I finish for a few days at work, think I have understood your instructions and will give it a shot otherwise I will be back with another question for you.
Many thanks for your reply :p

Thanks rocks1 will try and get to it on Thursday when I finish for a few days at work, think I have understood your instructions and will give it a shot otherwise I will be back with another question for you.
Many thanks for your reply :p
Hi rocks1, have now tried what you suggested and still the same, tried other cycles and when cycles get to the final spin they stop (LCD still counts down) can still use washer by knocking off and turning dial to fast spin and knocking back on again tho.
if you have any more advice you could give it would be very well apreciated.
Regards Hazel

wot have you done ,replaced heater and give the motor wires a good tug :?:

the heater is at the back undo white cover where you tug the motor wires heater is in front of you 3 wires and a 8 mm nut .undo nut and pull off 3 wires pull heater out .and then repace with a new heater

the heater is at the back undo white cover where you tug the motor wires heater is in front of you 3 wires and a 8 mm nut .undo nut and pull off 3 wires pull heater out .and then repace with a new heater
Thanks for your speedy reply think i'm going to have to beg one of my male friends to help me on this one.
Once again many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back