hotpoint aquarius issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am having problems with my washing machine.
Details as follows.
HOTPOINT AQUAQIUS 6KG
1400 SPIN
MODEL WF541P

The machine starts fine and washes,it also turns around both ways ok.
When it gets to the pump out i get some lights flashing.
WASH ENHANCE & ON/OFF NOW FLASHING.

Any advice on what the fault is would be nice.
I have cleaned the filter but not much in there to be honest.
Also any link for a site with a breakdown on parts for this machine would also help thanks

Sponsored Links
out of the lights on the left 1 to 5 which number lights are flashing .ie 2 and 4 or 1 and 3 etc

Ok the lights on the left are vertical and the light that is flashing is WASH ENHANCE.

ok what number light is it 1 2 3 or 4

Sponsored Links
Starting from the top and go down it would be Button 1 or if you were to start from the bottom and go up it would be Button 5.

error code f08 faulty pcb needs replacing search on google for emw electronics in nottingham for a recon pcb cost about 30 quid

I have taken off the lower rear inspection cover and when looking in from the rear on the left hand side is a board about 10" longs with plenty of wires coming out of it,would this be the item you refer to ?
Thanks for the help.

yep thats the beast if you pull wires off take note where they go, go for ex pcb its cheaper

The part arrived today and i have just fitted it but stil the same flashing light.
I switched the machine on and pressed start when spin was selected on the dial and the machine went clockwise a few turns then anti-clockwise a few turns then you can here a click the drum stops turning and the button starts to flash slowly,at the same time the on/off switch is flashing like mad.I pressed the on/off switch to turn the machine off but you can turn it off from the switch so i had to pull the plug out of the mains.
I removed the filter cap bottom right corner and had a look inside,nothing in there at all.I turned the small impellor around by hand quite easily.I switched the machine on again and let it do it things whilst watching the impellor spin around.Did not seem to be a problem as it was spinning ok.When the click happened again and the light started to flash the impellor continues to spin.
Also i have notcied not only does the drum spin bothways very slowly but there seems to be no water or very little in the machine as surely i would of got a face full when looking at the impellor and as i pulled the pipe off the rear of the pump which is connected to the impellor nothing came out when i run the machine.
Any advice as to what i do now please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back