Hotpoint Aquarius WF541P Lights 2 and 4 Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I guess this post is directed at Rocks1 as he seems to be the guru of error codes and washing machine repairs...

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WF541P washing machine that keeps failing on it's final spin with lights 2 and 4 flashing. The machine stops and still has water in the drum.

Now, from your very helpful posts I understand that this translates to error f05, but on one post you list error f05 as pressure sw stuck on full and on another you say it is pump blocked.

Are these the same problem, but called something different or two symptoms of the same problem?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Also, if anyone can provide a link to a service manual for this model it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I may have just answered my own question.

According to hotpointservice.co.uk, if you have error F05 then there answer is:

F05 - Pressure switch jammed on full - Check pump for blockages.

So there we go.

The filter is blocked trust me. Pressure switch will be stuck on full cos there is water in it. Just empty the filter and check pockets every time. 1 min checking can save hours or heartache.

Sponsored Links
It must be really blocked as I cannot get the filter out of the front, it seems to lock up when I untwist it.

I guess I'll be taking the pump out...

Well that's me about £10 in change, a couple of hair pins, some lego, smiley face stickers and undescribable gunk better off!

Oh, and about £100 for not calling out an engineer.

Thanks for your help rocks1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back