Hotpoint Aquarius WMPF762 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius which has been a problem, on and off, for the last six months. The current problems are :

Two of the three washer paddles have sheared off three days ago,
It stays on the 1 min at the end of the wash cycle forever unless I hold the on/off button to switch off and then set machine to Pump and Spin.
Finally, it is making awful rattling sounds, from inside the machine when on spin.

Any ideas as to whether I bin and get a new machine, or is it worth getting fixed?

I have had the machine approx. 18 months and it is used at once a day.

Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

Mrs Pickstone

Sponsored Links
When the machine is off does it rattle when turning/spinning the drum by hand?
Does it easily spin both ways?

Does the drum move much upward and downward?

Hot point are pretty dreadful at best. I personally would scrap it and get something a bit better.

The problems you mention could be a few different things and most by the sounds of it more than one.

Spinning noise could be bearings, could be something stuck between the drum and outer casing. Could be other things also.

Running on could also be several things. I believe the some of the following can cause this Amongst many others.

Pump issue, but if it's draining properly sounds like ok.

A faulty sensor

Element gone, if you get heated water, then not this, unless you have a hot fill which on a machine of that age you prob have only cold water fill.

It's will cost you around 60 pounds to get it looked at, and then more to fix.

I would go off to John Lewis and get one within the budget you want to spend, but try to get the 5 year warranty.

Hi,

It spins easily both ways and it doesn't rattle when spun by hand.
I have just tried moving it up and down it moves backwards quite easily but no real movement up or down.

Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
I think delmel has wrapped it up in a nutshell, see above.

I think your pushing the whole assembly backwards rather than just moving the inner drum up and down by holding the top of the shiny metal drum lip with one hand and the bottom metal shiny metal drum lip with the other hand, any movement in the up and down direction would indicate badly worn drum bearings.

Unless you are prepared to pull it out and start removing parts to check things it would be much quicker and easier to buy another.
Many of the cheaper machines only last 2 yrs, if your lucky.

As far as I can see this is a cold fill only, is the water actually heating up?

I have just used the machine again - with a lighter load and still awful noise. If other half is in agreement I am going to buy a new one. Seems pointless trying to fix it only for it to mess up again.

Thanks for all your helpful advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back