Hotpoint BHWD129 Spin Cycle Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a functional Diagram / service guide for a Hotpoint BHWD129?

It blew the heater element (which I have now changed) and that has obviously caused another issue because the spin cycle now causes the machine to throw a fit (flashing all the lights under the selection wheels).

The wash / rinse / drain cycles work fine. It starts the spin cycle but a couple of minutes in (at the point where it wants to perform a full bore spin) it trips out. This has got to be a power issue of some kind, that the additional power spike needed during a full bore spin is causing the problem.

I need a service guide / diagram so I can check the relevant readings to find out what has blown / been dislodged), or pointers of where I should be looking. I've had the control board out and there's nothing visually amiss that I can see.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Bump

Has anyone got any idea where I should be looking?

As stated all programs work, Wash / Rinse / Drain. The spin cycle works for a few minutes. It performs low to moderate rotations, then after while (I believe at the point it wants to perform a full speed spin) it trips out, flashing all four lights (and the start / pause) button.

I know from rocks1 posts that all four flashing lights seems to point to a PCB error, but I'd like to know there area I should looking at. I've had the PCB out and nothing looks blown. Could it be something on the motor?

When the element blew it kind of spot weld itself to the metal support lug in the drum, so it didn't come out cleanly. Took a good couple of hours of pull / break out etc, so I may have inadvertently knocked a connection somewhere.

The fact that it's only when the machine wants to start a full speed spin that it trips out, I'm deducing that this is a power problem when the motor needs to wind up to full speed. Is there anything on the motor or on the PCB I should be looking at for obvious signs of damage caused by the element blowing so spectacularly?

Regards
Owen

Hi

Did you get this problem sorted?

I am having a similar problem, it starts the cycle and after 2 minutes all the lower lights start flashing and it all freezes up.

Its not draining itself, i have checked the filter and there is nothing in there.

I would call out hotpoint but they said if its not a manufacturers fault they will charge me £105. i was hoping i could find out what your problem was first to avoid this charge if it might just be a button in the pump or something!

Thanks

Hi Sarap,

In the end I had to admit defeat and call out Hotpoint. The fault was the PCB which I can only assume got damaged when the heating element blew.

If I'd just paid Hotpoint at the start it would have cost me less, because the one price fixes anything and everything wrong with the machine and if they can't fix it you get a replacement machine.

Sponsored Links
I guess i'll have to call them out.

Thank you for your help and replying so quickly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back