Hotpoint WF860 1600 Spin. not completing cycle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am not sure if anyone can help but thanks in advance if you can.
My hotpoint WF860 1600 spin washing machine does not complete its cycle.
You put it on a 40 degree wash and it goes through the whole cycle but in the last ten minutes it does not spin and i don't think it is rinsing properly either as there seems to be suds in there. Instead it gets down to one minute and just stays on one minute. if you check the detergent drawer the fabric conditioner is still in there. I then cancel the wash it then rinses for two minutes and then ends. So i then have to put it on a rinse and spin cycle to get it to spin.
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it.
Thanks Scott.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply
Yes i have taken out the filter and cleaned it but it was still the same.

Sponsored Links
can the machine drain by itself
could be a blockage in the downpipe from the drum to drain pump
detergent left in could be a separate issue - faulty valve or blocked pipe from it
clean out the detergent draw and its insert

can the machine drain by itself
could be a blockage in the downpipe from the drum to drain pump
detergent left in could be a separate issue - faulty valve or blocked pipe from it
clean out the detergent draw and its insert

Thanks for your reply
The filter that i checked and cleaned is in the downpipe from the drum to the pump so i know this pipe to be clean.
I will try removing the detergent draw and cleaning it.
Thanks.

good luck with it

without looking at it you need to simply eliminate each possible problem

stuck on 1 min means broken wire on moter block give them a tug ones loose.

Hi thanks for your suggestion i have unplugged the connector and pulled all the wires going to and from the motor but none of them seem loose i have also tested for continuity between what wires i can and they are all fine although some of the wires go inside the motor and i can't get my meter in there, but they arn't loose.

Every time i put it on a wash, even if it's a 40, 60, 95 degree wash it always does the same thing it gets down to 1 min then just stays there and carrys on washing with it on 1 minute until i cancel it. Then when i cancel it it drains for 2 minutes then say's end. Then i put it on a rinse and spin cycle to finish the wash.
Any more ideas anyone.
Thanks Snott.

Thanks for your quick reply Rocks do you mean the actual heating element that heats up the water is faulty. Also does that mean the water isn't going to get hot.
Don't get me wrong i am not doubting your expertise I am just interested in how it all works and why a heating element would cause that fault.
Thanks Snott

earth fault on the heater if you have a megga you can check it ,its found at the back of the drum .yes it heats the water up but will fault out at the last 10 mins .

Hi, I had the same problem. I pulled out the filter and could see the element caked in limescale. Probably not the best method but I sprayed descaler inside several times until the limescale became easier to remove, then chipped off a chunk of the limescale with a flat headed screw driver. Finally, I then loaded the drum with an 8th of hot water, strong descaler. Waited 10 minutes for the descaler to work, then turned on the machine, started a program, stopped a program straight after to drain and then tested. My machine is back up and running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back