Hotpoint BWD 12 Blown up + Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep telling my wife not to overfill the machine but does she listen ? Last night the machine was crammed full of clothes (dont know whether it was on the wash or spin cycle). I heard the bang bang bang and went over to it to switch it off and give the missus a mouth full,before I could there was a loud pop/bang. It tripped off the electrics and a small pool of water started to drip from the bottom right hand side (as you look at it)of the front of the machine just above the filter housing.
I cant find any busted hoses in the machine and now there is no power at all. I've replaced the fuse in the plug but still nothing.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
looks like you have blown board up, not cheap first you need to find leak but cant cos it dont go . if its under 5 years which i dont think it is call hotpoint all in charge 90 quid it will cost you that in parts ,over 5 years just over 100 or you could scrap it .the choice is yours :eek:

Cheers. Thought it might be a bit more than a cheap fix. Its just over 5 years old so I might as well treat here to a £30 replacement off Ebay !!!!!
(until she starts looking after things). Thanks ,Have a nice day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back