Hotpoint CTD00 dryer - water not carrying up to container

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use this dryer at home and have a query. The dryer works fine, water container is empty, fluff filter clean, condenser unit clean. My problem is when I am drying a full load, the excess water is not carrying up to the water container, and every 20 minutes or so I need to unplug it, unclip the unit from the back (bottom right as you look at it) and empty out the water and muck at the bottom, just so that the machine thinks the container is not full anymore, even though the water is not carrying up to the water container. This is becoming a bit of an annoying habit. Does anyone know how I can fix it so that the water carries up to the container again and not having to manually empty the water from the back now and again?

Thank you for any tips/suggestions/help/assistance you may provide.

Phil

Sponsored Links
Hello, can you confirm if the lift pump you refer to is that at the back panel on the bottom right which you can see when you open it? If so then yes it is clear of dirt, etc but as for it (still) being operational I cannot tell unless I try to use it with it open. Is that what makes the water transfer to the container?

Thanks.

yes this is the pump .blow down the black tube that runs along the black also tip water in to the pump and within 1 min water should pump up to the bottle .

Sponsored Links
This seems like a logical solution but will I need to do that when it is unplugged and with a bit of water in it and will it solve the problem in the longer term when I actually (try to) use the dryer or will I just need to blow down the black tube every time I use it?

Will try it when I get home tonight. Cheers.

just blow down it that will clear then you wont have to do it any more ,make sure you clean the condenser out every 4 weeks that is wot causes it to block up with fluff .

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try that the next time I have a load of drying to do, will come back here whether it works or not. Cheers.

I tried the suggestion of blowing into the black tube, and despite the dryer being able to dry the full load for 2 hours and actually getting all my clothes dry, the water still did not go up to the container. I have therefore conceded defeat in trying to fix it myself and called in the engineer via the house agents (I lease the house).

what was the problem with it mate???,,,I have one with exactly the same problem......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back