Hotpoint CTD80 - Replaced display part no.C00193806

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone! I hope you can help. The display on my CTD80 was flickering, so I bought a replacement - part no.C00193806 . The display is now perfect. When I choose any programme, the tumble dryer beeps 4 times and will not start. Any ideas? The filter is clear, the water is emptied. No fault codes are displayed on screen.

Sponsored Links
is the white peg still on the inside of the door at 12 oclock.

I had plugged in a cable to the top of the drum incorrectly. Its now working, although the drum is making a terrible grinding/rumbling noise!

Try taking the back cover off and look to see if bearings are worn. There maybe a plastic cover over it held by 2 screws. The bearing kit is around £10 to £15 off Ebay. How much did youpay for the LCD panel? Did yougetit off Ebay?

Sponsored Links
Hi - i just fixed my CTD80 with a rumbling noise - it was not the bearing - it was the little hamster wheel that blows hot air over the element.

Remove the part metal cover on the back and check your hamster wheel is tight - mine was loose on the splines and was not spinning but scraping on the side of the rear cover.

I cut a couple more slots in the end so the clamp would hold it and added some araldite also - this means it could be tricky to repair at a later date but as its getting old anyway i am not too worried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back