Hotpoint dishwasher A5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a little help from you guys please. My fdyf 2100 hotpoint dishwasher is showing an A5 fault. It happens a few minutes after you start a wash program. I can hear something start, sounds like a pump but without the sound of moving water, then the A5. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A05
A-5: Circulation pump blocked or faulty
  • Check filters
  • Check circulation pump motor for blockages
  • Check main circulation pump
Do you have a hum from within the machine when it gets to the wash cycle? I have just replaced the pump on my FDL570 and that cured the problem.

Need a little help from you guys please. My fdyf 2100 hotpoint dishwasher is showing an A5 fault. It happens a few minutes after you start a wash program. I can hear something start, sounds like a pump but without the sound of moving water, then the A5. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have fixed this fault several times on my hotpoint FDYF2100.
It's quite old but still working.
Remove the lid and the right side panel {play button side not power button side}
At the bottom of the right hand side of the unit there is a grey pipe that is looped up in an upside down U.
Remove from clips and disconnect from pressure switch. This unit regulates the depth of water inside the unit.
This part sounds like it will be gross but its not. Nothing will come out of the pipe unless you lay it on the ground below level of the machine.
Take the pipe in your mouth and blow hard. You should hear bubbles blowing inside machine, if you don't then blow even harder until you do.
Reconnect pipe, reposition pipe into the clips, turn on your machine reprogram and start.
Should now drain and refill and continue to use.
Fixed.
If not then it will be the drain pump blocked or defective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back