Hotpoint Dishwasher BF1620 wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, First i just want to say thanks for allowing me to post and thanks if you can help me :)

Basicly the door latch wouldnt lock any more so i had to prop a chair against it till it got fixed "which only happened last week and ive been waiting for some money to repair it"

But then this morning i wake up and put it on and it wouldnt start all lights as normal power red light is on and green light on 2nd option and i close it and it just beeps. I pulled out the bottom tray and found water in the bottom which ive pulled out the filter and cleaned and still the water is in there. Is this a blockage? Or is the pump dead?

Also 1 quick question the bit u but the salts in is this ment to have water in it or just salt? We moved in and the dishwasher was already fitted and had been used before.

Thanks for your time and help!

Mr Russell

Sponsored Links
door lock costs about a tenner try ebay secoundly pump is blocked you need a metat coat hanger shortend to about 6 inches .tickle the hole in the base where the filter is. tucked in the corner is a hole with 3 grids over it poke coat hanger in there and wiggle .

Thanks for your time in replying rocks!

Is the salt bit ok with water in it?

i shall get to work with a coat hanger later :)

Also is changing the door lock an easy process? I found one online for £10 but didnt know if to buy it or have someone come fit it for me.

Thanks for you time once again

yes water is in the salt pot is ok . door lock easy to change remove consol panel lock in front of you 10 min job .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back