Hotpoint Double Oven Tripping problems again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I'd solved this but the problem it has returned.

Had problems recently with the top oven of our double hotpoint oven tripping the house circuit breaker. Found one of the grill elements had gone. Replaced that and everything was ok for 2 days. The problem has returned. What ever the problem is it is caused by the first part of the switch rotation. If I turn the power off and select the temperature I want and then turn the power on it is fine. It happens if I turn the switch from zero with the power on. If I disconnect the element that doesn't trip the circuit breaker when I turn the switch.

Any one any ideas? Don't want to admit defeat and pick up the yellow pages, but I might have to.

Sponsored Links
Had this problem only the other day with a electric ring cooker,one of the rings has a loop wire running from one ring to the other.
Its only a short wire which is connected with a spade fitting,on closer examination one spade was just touching the other when you put the protection cover on.(as they are on a ring looped to each other they would all trip the electric no matter which one you turned on.

So just put electrical insulation tape over it before replacing cover,this did the trick,maybe you might have a wire touching somewhere? sorry cant be any more help its not as easy to solve unless your there in person.

Thanks for the post. I think you are right. Might have to be a full strip down to look for something like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back