Hotpoint drive belt comes off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently changed drum on a Hotpoint WMUD962
Been working fine for 2 weeks ... then belt came off.

Belt is not adjustable .... and motor position also not adjustable (fixed by drum mounts)
The multi-vee belts when fitted will not stay central on drum pulley ..... I can fit central to pulley and vee belt is on the first inner vee of motor pulley, but as soon as it rotates it jumps one vee to the right. Still fully on the vee pulley, but runs with a belt just on edge of drum pulley (not overlapping) ..... but presumably this is why it came off.
I have ordered new belt anyway, assume existing belt may be stretched.

Anybody any other suggestions .... there seems to be no adjustment.

Sponsored Links
By fitting the new drum the pulleys are out of aligment hence the belt jumping across to "self align" ?

It may be ... but the motor position is fixed on the drum ..... there is no place to put motor in the wrong position.
I looked and can't see any grub screw on the motor pulley .... otherwise I would move that in a couple of mm

Sponsored Links
I did do that it seems fine ....... its back on and just done a full wash & spin cycle fine.
Do you know if motor pulley is adjustable .. i.e can be moved in on shaft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back