Hotpoint Dryer CDT 85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have dicovered the noise from the dryer and am ordering the part today , it's the TUMBLE DRYER IMPELLER RECIRCULATE
basicaly the fan for the heater element.
Just one question though,when we put the dryer on within 20 seconds it goes to fault code F-10 any ideas ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Reset the stat on the top of the heater. Pop a pin in the hole till it clicks

Reset the stat on the top of the heater. Pop a pin in the hole till it clicks

Sponsored Links
Oh yes , unless the heater is damaged.

Oh yes , unless the heater is damaged.
I did notice that the heater has 4 (I think) elements and one of them looked like the cardboard they are on has split,will this need replacing or do I need to reset it first and see what happens. I pressume I can't try it until I get the new fan part otherwise it could over heat ? The fan needs replacing as the grooves on the inside of it that fit on the metal part that sticks out have worn away,is this usual or does the machine need replacing ?
Hope I've explained this ok ?

You can reset it and try it for 5 mins if that works then no need for a heater. The fan is very common you can put a jubilee clip round it to hold it on. The clips supplied are normally the cause as they are not tight enough.

All done,thanks for the help. I've ordered a new fan but it's working at the moment. The motor seems to be making a lot of noise but we will have to put up with that. Sounds like someone is constantly running their finger over a comb ? Have checked and there is nothing caught in it and when you turn the drum by hand it still makes the noise so I'm assuming there are bearings in the motor ?

Check the front fan poss loose as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back