Hotpoint ff200ep fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a hotpoint ff200ep fridge freezer. We've had to replace the start relay and the overload switch (?) as the the relay had burnt out. The freezer is now freezing on the rear external pipe connecting the radiator on the back to the compressor and the freezer. The inside of the freezer and the fridge feel warm. Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
Hmm,

The compressor will have 2 pipes coming out (plus a small charging line, but ignore that) The small pipe should be hot and the larger pipe should be quite cold / wet. Can you have a look and get back to me?

Sponsored Links
I give up sometimes...

Why do people ask for help, you try and they then disappear and don't answer?
Makes you wonder why you bother really.

Sorry! I do appreciate your help, been waiting for my oh to check it but he's been away all week and only back tonight, I'll get him to do it tomorrow and then get back to you

Sorry! I do appreciate your help, been waiting for my oh to check it but he's been away all week and only back tonight, I'll get him to do it tomorrow and then get back to you
Sorry,

I was in a bit of a mood tonight...
Yes, let me know when convenient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back