Hotpoint LFT114 Efflorescence on Jacket Seam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Our Hotpoint LFT114 built-in dishwasher leaked all over the kitchen floor last night. I pulled it all out, mopped up and left a dehumidifier running and then went to bed.

I've looked at the dishwasher this morning, and the cause appears to be a split drain pipe.

However! Whilst I looked over the machine I noticed that the 'jacket' has efflorescence around the seam and is slightly wet to the touch. I've posted a pic below, bear in mind I have already rubbed off the efflorescence at this stage.

Just wanted to gauge some opinion on this? There doesn't appear to be any water in the bottom tray. Should I replace the discharge hose and ignore this, or is it time for a new dishwasher?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
I can't make out which part of the machine we are looking at but I would just replace the hose and keep running the machine. The deposits you're looking at could just be a slight residue of dishwasher salt or even water stain.

Hi, if it helps, the part of the machine you are looking at is the outside back of the unit, just above the inlet and outlet pipes. What you are looking at is the seam where the metal 'jacket' is joined.

I would replace the hose and run the machine for a couple of days. Clean those deposits off and take a look in a few days time to see how it looks then. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies kbdiy. Just to report back, I made a temporary repair to the drain pipe last night, in order to test the state of the dishwasher. Unfortunately, water is leaking from that corroded seam :(

After thoroughly cleaning and drying it, I ran the dishwasher for 5 minutes and the seam was again wet to the touch and beading slightly.

New dishwasher ordered! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back