Hotpoint motor compatibilty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi would this motor fit a Hotpoint WM66p 1200 washing machine? Would I need to cut that large suppressor off as the one I have orginally does not have this attached because the motor pictured came from a computer controlled machine. View media item 1099
As far as I now the correct part has a green label but this one has a white label, are they interchangeable as I don't want to pay over £100 for a new one.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've done lots of mixing and matching with Hotpoint motors over the years and never had a problem. As long as the mounting brackets fit and the wiring plug fits you should not have a problem. If your old motor is the old GEC type you might have a problem with the wiring plug which was different to the one for the later FHP motor.

It may work. Analogue motors don't work in digital machines and vice versa. Best bet is to try it and see.
However, can you tell us what is wrong with the original motor? Small possibility we could help with that.

true it is a GEC motor but no hope i'm afraid as the amature bearings have collapsed. Paid more on motor brushes than on the cost of a new motor over the past 7 years! Heard that FHP motor as more reliable so looking forward to upgrading

Sponsored Links
There is a conversion plug, part number 1601400 for converting to the FHP motor but it is not easy to fit as a special tool is required, similar but not the same as that used to wire up phone sockets. I have sometimes fitted individual spade terminals to the motor wires but you have to work out which wires go to brushes, field coil, tacho coil and TOC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back