Hotpoint SE48101PGX may need a new Power Board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there a few weeks ago my Hotpoint SE48101PGX tripped the electrics then wouldn't switch on. I re-connected the power cable at the oven's terminal just in case any of the wires were loose & it worked fine again for a few weeks until the other day when it completely died.

There is no display or signs of life in it at all. I took off the back & used a meter to do continuity tests from the power terminal to see if power should be getting into the oven & everything seemed fine up to the main circuit board where all I know what to do is look for anything that appears damaged. Hidden away on the small square circuit board that sticks perpendicularly out from the main Power board I found a small black plastic square thing looked to have blown (yep I know all the technical jargon :oops: ) & the black cylinder thing that is rite next to it seems to have a dry powdery residue stuck to the top of it as can be seen below:

I've seen the "Power Board Hot2005 Pyro No Eeprom" advertised online for about £75 inc delivery so would just like to ask someone who actually knows about this stuff, do you think I should just try ordering this & replacing it my self? Or could the problem be more complicated? Any help much appreciated!! Cheers![/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back