hotpoint wd420 wont fast spin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
have a 5 year old hotpoint wd420 washer. works ok . but will not fast spin/drain .when you select fast spin theres just a hum noise from the machine. any ideas before it goes to the skip. cheers.

Sponsored Links
pump blocked remove rear cover and follow drain hose ,

hi
thanks for your reply. i have checked hose at outlet and all seems ok.
the problem is the machine wont go onto spin mode when coming to the end of wash cycle, even when changing programe to rinse and spin , it will rinse but refuses to spin.

if there is a hum when it goes onto rinse it means the cold supply is turned off .check the water is coming out of the hosepipe.

Sponsored Links
hi rocks1

yes followed your advice,
I removed hose and checked it , hose was clear , having went this far i removed the water pump and found a wood screw had got jammed in the pump, and so was not turning the pump, so water was not leaving the machine, have now put washing machine back together and is now working fine, thankyou for the advice,

remember the golden rule i must check pockets first , :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back