Hotpoint WD420G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a newby so hope I'm doing things right.
WD420G washer/dryer just over 5years old, not had heavy use.
Bearings replaced recently.
Now new problem - light number one flashing, which I believe is error code F08 - heater relay.

Resistor R21 is discoloured and pcb slightly sooty around this area. Resistance measured at 10 ohms which I think is correct.

Relays are numbered K1 to K7 and I dont know which is for the heater.

I'm quite happy to replace any parts including the relay which I can get for about £1.50.

Any help or comments would be well appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You may be able to check which relay it is by tracing the heater wires but note that the heater is normally connected via the pressure switch. The heater wires are often thicker than most other wires.

Thanks Fidom.
Located relay - contacts were welded. Replaced relay. Put it all back together.
Cant remember what program I started with but now have water in the drum and nothing happening with no lights on.

After supply switched off for few minutes I switch the supply back on and with *pump out* selected this happens - *on/off* lights and stays on.
I then press *start* and *wash*rinse & spin*final spin*dry* lights all flash on and off once. Then *door lock* and * final spin* come on, stay on for about 4 seconds then go off.

Then NOTHING until I've switched off supply again.

HELP!

WD420G washer/dryer just over 5years old, not had heavy use.
Bearings replaced recently.

Thats Merloni group quality for you......Hotpoint are not worth a **** these days.

It might be worth replacing the discoloured resistor but you would need to find out exactly what resistance it needs to be first - can you make out the colour code?

Also you need to consider why the relay contacts where welded together in the first place. Is the heater ok? did you check it? more electrical damage may have been done and you might need to get another control unit.

Sponsored Links
I would first double check the wiring to the PCB. It is in such a tight corner of the machine it can be difficult to see what you're doing when connecting everything up. Also make sure no wires have rubbed on the concrete weights. If everything looks OK you might have to contact EMW:
http://www.emwelec.co.uk/
You can send a board to them for testing. If OK they just charge a test fee, if faulty they repair it and charge you about £60.

Thanks for the help guys - I repaced the pcb in the end and all is working ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back