hotpoint wd440p lights 3 and 4 flash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all....can i pick ya brains!!!
we have a hotpoint wd440p that is playing up!
The wash cycle starts off all well and good..after about 10 mins the on/off button flashes as well as the rinse hold light and time saver light ( 3 and 4)
While lights are disco dancing machine drains ok.....but something seems to click and machine seems to continuously pump water into the system and pump out (continuous loop of water!)..after about 2 mins the machine says ive had enough and stops totally....
i know lights 3 and 4 indicate a possible dodgy thermistor but surely this has nothing to do with the wash side of the washer/dryer.....
any ideas please..... i cant keep turning me grundies inside out!!!
ta

Sponsored Links
You got error fo3. Ntc fault, check the wires on the thermistor on the heater box also check the two wires on the rear heater. If that's ok then pcb is faulty.

cheers rocks... will check wires/ heater at rear ( when ive found it!)...etc..
but why would thermistor/ntc fault etc cause probs on the wash side of things?
forgive my ignorance!!!
ta

It does a check on working components. If one has failed it throws up error codes.

Sponsored Links
thanks again rocks!
the two black wires to the thermistor are ok. I know the thermistor itself is fine as i took it to work and used the multimeter on it! the two black wires to the heater at the rear of machine are fine as ar the wires to the heating element!
should i fear the worst and get a new control pcb?

ta again

by the way..... which pcb do you think is at fault. I seem to have found a couple on this machine....
one at the rear left and the console pcb at the front!!!
not sure which one would be the faulty one!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back