Hotpoint WD51 not drying properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the dry cycle it seem that the moisture from the clothes is not condensing - so after some time when the door is opened the clothes look as though they have been steamed rather than dried. I feel that cold water is not running through the condenser - can anyone help please? I have had the condenser off and there is no significant fluff in it or the heater area.

Sponsored Links
Remove the black cap on the rear of the cabinet does water trickle in on dry cycle.

Valve needs replacing. Located where the inlet pipes are , it's a 3 way valve you need.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for that - such good advice from so far away!

Just to complete the feedback on this topic, when I went to the local repair shop to see if they had a new valve, the helpful fella suggested, for this type of valve. that the solenoid could be eased off with a flat screwdriver and replaced with a new one which he sold me for £4 versus £20 plus for a complete valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back