Hotpoint WF541 1400 Spin "Flashing Lights" (callin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi rocks1,

I have a Hotpoint WF541 1400 Spin that has lights 1,2,3 & 4 flashing. From what I can make out (from your great advice to other people in distress) this is an F15 fault, which is a problem with the dryer heater relay!?

I'm pretty sure my mc dosen't have a dryer or am I being stoopid!?

Any help you can give me would be much appreceated.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
no dryer on that model but pcb has gone west, recon board from emw ,you could try all the connections on the board first if thats no good they replace pcb is only way.

Thanks rocks1,

do you know where i can get a step by step guide on how to replace the pcb (is that the motherboard) and which one i need to get?

Thankyou

Dan :oops:

hi board is at the back remove rear cover, its in the corner 6 plugs on pcb easy to do

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks,

I really hope you are still reading this forum as you seem to have all the answers...!

I have the On/off, Rinse Hold and Mini Load flashing. What does it mean....?

Looked at your error list but couldn't see what numbers these lights are.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

rinse hold and mini light wot number lights are they 1 /3 2/4 1/4 etc

There are 5 lights... Wash Enhance, Reduced Creases, Rinse Hold, Mini Load and eExtra Rinse in that order.

is 1 flashing and 2 or 2 and 4 .or 3 and 5 etc

that means error fo3 ,check 2 thin wires on the heater blue in colour failing that pcb is shot.

Hi, Many thanks for the advice. Will get the spanner out tomorrow and take a look. Where do I find these wires?

Was hoping you were just going to say turn it off and on again..! :LOL:

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Ian

remove the rear white cover. heater in the middle 2 blue wires attacted to the heater you can try and turn it off for 2 mins see if it cures it .

Can any one help?
I am having problems with my Hotpoint WF541 washing machine. When the wash cycle is turned on the machine starts to take on water then stops and the 'Prewash' light starts flashing. The user guide says this is due to problems with the intake pipe, filter or water pressure. I have checked all that and all are good. Any suggestions?

fogg

Does it work on rinse only. Is the pressure pipe connected

Yes the cold water supply pipe is connected. The drum goes round as normal on rinse but no water is taken in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back